Safety Training Seminars is owned by Charles and Laura Seidel who live in Walnut Creek, California, along with their four children (little boy and triplets - boy, boy, and girl). This company was started in 1989 by Charles Seidel and has grown over the years to include 8 offices throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento. Laura works in the medical field as a CLS (Clinical Lab Scientist) and went to school and grew up outside Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Besides teaching American Heart Association CPR and First-aid classes, Charles is also a certified scuba diving instructor with PADI and has taught classes in South Lake Tahoe, Gili Trawangan (outside of Bali, Indonesia), Koh Tao, Thailand, and Cannes, Australia.
American Heart Association
Safety Training Seminars is an official American Heart Association Training Center and the license number is CA-20784. After attending the course, students will receive the official AHA certification card on the day of the training.
EMSA for CA Childcare Providers
Safety Training Seminars is an official Emergency Medical Services Authority training center with the State of California and the license number is 0204-DC. They provide EMSA certified Pediatric First-aid and Health and safety training courses at their location or on site at companies. After class, students receive the official EMSA certification cards with the required sticker.
North Bay Fires
Safety Training Seminars has donated $5,000 to the United Way for the victims of the 2017 Northern California Fires. We ask that others donate whatever they can on the link below. If you cannot donate at this time, please send your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.
Safety Training Seminars
Safety Training Seminars has 8 CPR training offices throughout the SF Bay Area and Sacramento. All of the classrooms are designed to make a very comfortable and relaxing learning experience.
Our Classrooms Feature:
Phone/iPad charging stations for students
Comfortable chairs and tables
Complimentary granola bars, coffee, & assortment of teas
Large screen TVs and iPads
Modern and new CPR training manikins
Current AHA textbooks for the students
Free parking (except Berkeley office)
Conferences & Training
The number of conferences and training is too numerous to mention here. Every year, we attend the major American Heart Association conference wherever it is held. The last two years the conference was in Las Vegas and then San Diego.
- Our instructors are constantly monitored and evaluated
- We provide ongoing training to our instructors
- Some of our instructors are sent to appropriate conferences and meetings
- We always attend the local American Heart Association Update Meetings
- Our instructors who teach the advanced classes all have medical training and experience with real victims
Safety Training Seminars is deeply involved in the communities of Northern California. Here are a few of our volunteer and educational donations:
- Donated shirts to Minor Pirates Little League in San Jose
- We trained hundreds of grade school children in Hands Only CPR in Bernal School in San Jose
- Major Sponsor of the 24 Hour Challenge - American Heart Association Run/Walk (The winner ran 95 miles & the owner, Charles Seidel, finished 27 miles)
- Major Sponsor of the 12 Hour Challenge - American Heart Association Run/Walk
- Donated over $10,000 in Free CPR and First-aid classes to non-profits in the Bay Area
- Sponsored American Heart Association Sidewalk CPR Events at our locations in the Bay Area
- Volunteered at a booth at the Art of Aging Gracefully Resource Fair at the Jewish Community Center in San Francisco
- Donated $5000 to the United Way for the victims of the North Bay Fires in 2017