American Heart Association eCards
The American Heart Association has switched to offering eCards starting in January 2018.
What is an eCard?
An eCard is the electronic equivalent of a printed course completion card and can be provided to students as proof of their certification. The eCards are valid course completion cards and can be presented to employers as proof of successful completion of an AHA course. Regular printed cards can result in security risks, counterfeit cards, or altered cards.
Can I receive the regular paper version?
No, the American Heart Association is switching over to the more secure version of the eCards cards, so it is not possible to receive the outdated paper cards. However, you can print out your eCard.
What are the benefits of using the new eCards
- Higher security and reduced risk of fraudulent cards.
- Ability to validate an eCard through the AHA website.
- Students will receive their card on the day of their course.
- No longer worry about losing your card.
- You can easily forward your card to a supervisor by email
- You can still print out your card if you wish.
I did not receive my eCard. What should I do?
Check your email or spam folder for an email from: eCards@heart.org. If you still cannot view, call us at 415-437-1600.