Santa Cruz CPR, BLS, ACLS, PALS Classroom
Safety Training Seminars
1515 Capitola Road, Suite G
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
The Future OF CPR Training is Here - RQI
Registration: American Heart Association Courses in Santa Cruz, CA
BLS, ACLS, and PALS Courses in Santa Cruz
CPR and First-aid Courses in Santa Cruz
EMSA Health and Safety (childcare providers) in Santa Cruz
RQI (Resuscitation Quality Improvement) Program
The American Heart AssociationⒸ and Safety Training Seminars now offers RQI skills testing. Students will perform skills testing with a VAM (Voice Assisted Manikin). During the skills testing, an instructor will not be present, since the manikin and computer will guide you through your skills. Initial or renewal students can take this course.
RQI Registration - What to Expect
Register and pay for a BLS, ACLS, or PALS course. Within 1 business day, we will email you the online course. You will be receiving two emails from RQI1stop (one to create an account and one to complete your online course).
RQI Online Course – What to Expect
You can start and stop the online course as needed. The updated 2020 Heartcode online course is adaptive to the learner’s current level of knowledge. As such, the length of the online course is variable depending on the student’s experience and skill level. (BLS: about 2 hours, ACLS and PALS 3-4 hours)
RQI Skills Testing – What to Expect
- Show up to your testing location on the registration date and time you selected with your login for RQI and the entry instructions that were texted to you.
- After you put on a pair of gloves, enter your login and password on the computer (use the keyboard or touch screen).
- Follow the on screen directions to activate your skills session.
- The VAM will guide you through the skills testing. An instructor will not be present, but you can call our office if you have any questions.
- Watch the review videos. This will save you time.
- Make sure you allow full chest recoil.
- Switch rolls quickly when doing two person CPR (within 5 seconds).
- Pause when you see the Red Stop icon.
- Count out loud when doing compressions.
- Use the step stool under the manikin if needed.
- When giving breaths with the Bag Valve Mask, tilt the head back.
- If you are doing ACLS, you will not practice on the baby manikin.
Approximate Time for Skills Testing
45 minutes – It may take you longer or shorter to complete the skills testing. If you will be going over your time, please call our office.
After you pass the skills testing, you will receive the American Heart Association certification card by email before the end of the day (5 pm).
1 Minute Santa Cruz CPR, BLS, ACLS, and PALS Precourse Video
How to Pass Your RQI Skills Testing
To help you be prepared for your hands on skills session with the VAM (voice assisted manikin), we strongly encourage you to watch this video!!